Sunday, January 5, 2014

Budgeting for 2014


I've budgeted for 2014, using the envelope system.  My husband and I planned every penny and cent and included items such as an emergency fund, petcare, salon/barber along with the usual life insurance, mortgage, utilities, car expenses, etc.

It wasn't the easiest conversation to have and it took a while to create all these envelopes, but the peace of mind I feel knowing it's going to be a financially-balanced year in which I will practice self-control (no impulse trips to Michaels to purchase crafty items), is well worth the discomfort, time and effort.

More information on envelope systems can be found here.
We're using the monthly budget spreadsheet from here.

And yes, you read it correctly - Education is budgeted at $333 per month.  Is that for the boys?  No, it's for me.  I am going back to school to complete my CA Tier II Administrative Credential.  I asked the universe to send me back to school and it did!  Be careful what you wish for . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment